31 August 2008

Updates and Background

The bulk of my readings will be from the New International Version (NIV). The NIV is the easiest read, as it translates entire phrases - thus more likely to convert idioms and colloqualisms more accurately. When the NIV doesn't make sense, I'll look the troublesome verse up in my New American Standard Bible (NASB), which offers more of a word-for-word translation. I will also consult the NASB if the NIV offers me two or more different meanings. If the NASB still offers me multiple meanings, you'll hear about that, too.

Note that I will be studying every day, but not necessarily posting every day. I'm about nine chapters behind as it is, but I took notes - hopefully I can catch up pretty quickly

Further, I won't be publishing actual verses, just my interpretations, meditations and/or musings upon their significance. Printing one verse at a time kicks the door open for verses to be taken out of context, which is how trouble brews and cults get started. Besides, you're supposed to be reading along with me, remember?

No comments: